Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > Support Question Update a DS708 versus u...
Support Question Update a DS708 versus upgrade to a Maxi Sys Platform

2308 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2015-12-16 06:40:36

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2015-12-15 22:29:36
     Support  I  have a DS708 with software from back in 2014 that still has factory logos and software versions more like the OE stuff before Ford Lawsuit caused the removal of the factory logos and inspired software changes that allegedly caused some features to be reported to be found to be missing or no longer working ,but I will soon need more newer vehicle coverage  even if  just for  code retrieval, data , and bi-directionally for B-mechanic level auto repair.I have not heard that anything in the price range of the Maxisys (non J2534 wise) that has even eclipsed my old DS708's present software capability for older car coverage.
      I think that since the latest software optimization of the Maxi Sys prevents you from running older versions of  software, if instead of upgrading to a MaxiSys, I bought another year of updates for my DS708 I wonder if the latest  system version it would update to would ever prevent me from being able to use the older software SD cards I have in my DS708 any longer? Can you answer that?  If  you choose not to answer ,I would assume updating my DS   708 will disable the ability to install my old software cards and use the old software again and  conclude  court ordered downgrading of some things  has occurred if we are prevented to use it any longer.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-12-16 06:40:36 (Reply to:witsend)

Hi, kindly be noted that the system program of DS708 allows older software to be used on the device. So when you buy new update for your tool, you can save the original SD card (make a backup also for safety purpose) and use a new car to download new update. If you want to use the older version software you can insert the original SD card. There is no problem to use it as long as the files in the SD card are not crashed. Thanks!
  Total1 Pages